Back in February I asked my Brit Bee mates to help me make a wallhanging for above my bed.
I sent them out scrappy hsts and I teamed the finished blocks with some Irish linen offcuts I’d bought (natural and mocha) .
Last week, in 25 degree heat, I took the head-staggers and decided to quilt the beastie!
And here it is!
|Approx. 70″ x 70″|
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how this has turned out!
I decided to quilt the 4 diagonal quadrants to mirror the star points, using a neutral coloured thread.
The back is a vintage sheet from this lovely lady, which has the same duck egg blues in it as the front – perfect!
I have also sewn a hanging sleeve onto it, but just need to source a weighted rod for the bottom of the quilt and then it is going up on my wall (when I work out how to use a drill!!).
A big thank you to all my talented Brit Bee buddies for contributing to this really special quilt which I will soon get to look at every day!