Well, Jennie (Miss February) most certainly set a Brit Bee challenge this month alright!
We had to come up with an art quilt of either our faces or something that represented ourselves.
My profile picture was my starting point:
Which got turned into this, with the help of the wonderful Jan (thank you!):
And after much thought, deliberation and a truck load of playing, I've ended up with this:
Finished size: 25" x 16"
Despite not being born in the 1960's (just) I'm convinced there's a hippy in me waiting to get out! So I've used my love of colour, mostly vintage scraps and flowers to release my inner hippy in this art quilt challenge.
The face was the most challenging part, and I'm not convinced I got it quite right, but at least my kids could recognise me in it!!
There is iron on interfacing on the back, which made the f.m.sketching a bit tricky, but I got through it.
All in all I'm really happy with this and wish I could have one of my own!!
I've no idea what Jennie is going to do with all our mugshots, but a big thank you to her for setting us this fab challenge.