I'm posting the Bee Blessed Block of the month a day early as I have another scheduled post for tomorrow!! (Like buses eh?)
In keeping with our love of all things scrappy, we are going for stripey triangles for October!
The inspiration for the blocks came from here, but there was no tutorial as such. So here it is:
Scrappy Stripey Triangles Block:
12.5" unfinished (you will need to make 2)
1. Sew together a selection of strips of varying widths and at least 14" long.
2. Press the seams open or to one side and square off to 13".
3. Cut the blocks diagonally in half and swap one half with another.
4. Sew the 2 halves together using a 1/4" seam allowance.
5. Square the block to 12.5" if necessary.
These take no time at all to make, and another great scrap-buster block!
I've a feeling there will be some fun secondary patterns in this quilt!
Thanking you in advance!
Hi! I’m Jude. Welcome to Just Jude Designs! This is where I talk about my sewing endeavours, quilting classes & pattern design. I hope you can stay a while!
All content is Copyright Judith Hollies and may not be produced without explicit consent from the owner.
Site design & development by Blackdog Media