I finished a Disappearing 9 Patch quilt over the bank holiday weekend, but have been holding off showing you until today!
Many of the fabrics in this quilt were donated by a friend from Southern Ireland (thank you Kerry). As some of the scraps were already 4.5" squares, I started from there, threw in a few more of my scraps & some Kona Silver and made lots and lots of D9P units!
Instead of sewing the D9P units back into blocks, I laid them all out on my design wall, shifted them around until I was happy with the distribution of colours and prints, and then sewed them together in rows!
The back was pieced from stash and the quilting is a simple free motion 'figure of 8'. There was only ever going to be one binding on this one (my fav!).
All that was left to do was wash, dry, affix label and post! Tick, tick, tick, tick!
The current tally for making 100 quilts for Siblings Together this year is currently at 60. There are still more being worked on, but we need 100 quilts completed by June, ready for the summer camps starting in July.
So if you could spare the time to make a quilt, blocks or donate fabric/wadding/binding I know there will be a camp full of reunited siblings this year delighted to receive your blessings!
Linking up with Leanne and Nicky's Scraptastic Tuesday!
Hi! I’m Jude. Welcome to Just Jude Designs! This is where I talk about my sewing endeavours, quilting classes & pattern design. I hope you can stay a while!
All content is Copyright Judith Hollies and may not be produced without explicit consent from the owner.
Site design & development by Blackdog Media