Tutor: Esme Edwards
Saturday 14th March
10am – 3pm (classroom opens at 9.45am)
Basic knowledge of use of a sewing machine & rotary cutter required.
At this workshop you will learn how to make either a seascape or countryside scene (A4 size) using different layering techniques, stitching and embellishment. The workshop will also demonstrate how to finish your picture for display (framed or fabric bound with hanging tabs).
What to bring (in addition to your basic sewing kit):
- 25cm x 35cm quilt sandwich (cotton, wadding, cotton)
- selection of fabrics (at least 12cm x 24cm) for sky, sea, sand, hills, fields etc.
- items to embellish e.g. lace, trims, frayed fabrics, beads etc.
- co-ordinating threads
- 21cm x 30cm picture frame (optional) available from Ikea
If you wish to bind and hang your picture (rather than framing it) you will also need:
- 21cm x 30cm piece of craft weight sew-in vilene
- 21cm x 30cm piece of cotton fabric backing
- 1 long quarter metre of cotton fabric to make binding & sleeve
Esme will have available a small selection of buttons, beads, fabric strips & accessorising materials to purchase for a nominal fee (cash only). You will not be able to purchase any other fabric or haberdashery stocked by Just Jude Designs.