I hope you’ve had a healthy and creative week!
My first (half) term of classes are almost through (this is week 5 of 6) so it’s time to announce next (half) term’s class project!
This is a project for those who not only enjoy a spot of ‘re-purposing’ but also bag construction. The exterior and lining are reinforced with heavy weight vilene, and the exterior is quilted.
- Upcycling your unwanted denim jeans, skirts and shirts (I have a large stash you can avail of!)
- English Paper Piecing (EPP) – hand sewing the hexies into 2 panels
- Eyelet Ring handle opening
- Zippered pocket in the lining
- Reinforced base
And to make it even easier to make this great shopper, I will have part-kits made up of the following:
- 37 hexie papers Sizzix cut and hole punched
- 37 varied pieces of denim for the hexies
- 4 sets of eyelet rings
- 1 metre heavy sew-in vilene
- comprehensive Just Jude Designs pattern with step by step photos
The part-kits are discounted at £13 for those attending the classes.
So the only materials you need to bring with you are:
- 0.5 metre cotton for the bag lining
- 1 fat quarter cotton for zippered pocket lining
- 8″ plastic zipper
As always, the class project is optional, and I will be announcing class vacancies at the end of this week! So stay tuned!