During the 5 Wednesday evenings in August I will be running my ‘Machine Sewing for Beginners’ Course.
I have run this course many times in the past, and it has always proven popular. The course is designed for folks who want to learn how to use a sewing machine, or refresh their machine sewing skills from long ago!
Here’s a run down of the topics we cover:
- threading the machine
- filling a bobbin
- understanding the various buttons, dials & stitches
- practising the different stitches
- understanding tension & troubleshooting
- how to change needles and feet
- understanding uses of different feet
- sewing control skills
- understanding fabric (warp, weft, bias)
- measuring & cutting fabric
- seams (1/4”; 3/8”; 5/8”, overlocking; french)
- Project: Single skein cushion cover with a zippered back
- Cost: £45 (includes a non-refundable deposit of £20)
- Course in Conway Mill (2nd Floor), Conway Street, Belfast, 6.30pm-8.30pm
- Disabled Parking and Access available
- Places are limited so book early
- Limited number of machines available to hire (pre-booking required)
- Full list of materials/requirements emailed in July
So if you fancy learning a new skill, or brushing up on an old one, just drop me an email to email@example.com. Classes are fun and relaxed!