Finished size approx. 5.5″ square (large); 4″ square (medium); 3″ square (small)
You will need:
1 fat quarter fabric (outer) here I used Bursts Pink
1 fat quarter fabric (lining) here I used Daisy Flutter Pearl which is now out of stock but there are lots more butterflies in stock!
1 fat quarter heavy sew-in vilene/interfacing
Nesting Boxes template (click here). Make sure to de-select ‘fit to page’ in your printer settings.
Assume 1/4″ seams throughout unless advised otherwise.
1. Using the free template, cut out 1 from outer fabric, 1 from lining fabric and 1 from vilene/interfacing for each size.
2. Layer the 3 fabrics on top of one another, vilene, then outer (right side up) then lining (right side down).
3. Sew around all sides, leaving a gap in the middle of a long side.
4. Turn right side out and press well. Press under the opening.
5. Sew around all edges using an 1/8″ seam allowance, closing the gap as you go.
6. With linings together, bring adjacent sides level (see top edge below) to create a corner. Chalk & sew a line vertically from the start of the corner, using a reverse stitch to start and finish.
7. Repeat for all 4 corners and voila – you have a box!
And when you have all 3 sizes made, fill them up to keep all those dressing table essentials tidy!