Welcome to the 2017 Finish-A-Long. This year the FAL is hosted by a global community of bloggers:
Leanne – She Can Quilt
Rhonda – Rhonda’s [Quilt] Ramblings
Nicky – Mrs Sew & Sow
Jess – Elven Garden Quilts
Abigail – Cut & Alter
Izzy – Dizzy Quilts
Ella – Throw a Wench in the Works
Lucy – Charm about You
Sarah – Sew me
Judith – Just Jude
Felicity – Felicity Quilts
Marci – Marci Girl Designs
Karen – Capitola Quilter
Social Media Director: Sandra – Sew Of Course – Ireland
The Basics of the FAL
The FAL is a low pressure community event that allows you to make a list of projects that have already been started but not finished and thus are hanging about in your sewing room as UFOs. The list is linked up at the beginning of a quarter and then at the end of the quarter you link up a link for each item on your list that you finished. Each link is an entry into the random draw for great prizes sponsored by our generous sponsors. There is no penalty for not finishing something on your list.
The link will be hosted on all the hosting blogs but you only need to link on one blog for it to show on all. We also encourage everyone to visit the links of others for inspiration and community. Please scroll down for the detailed rules.
The FAL on social media:
Please visit and like our facebook page (click here)
You can find us on instagram as @finishalong
The 2017 Schedule
1/8/17 Q1 proposed finishes linky opens
1/14/17 Q1 proposed finishes linky closes
3/26/17 Q1 finishes linky opens
3/27/17 – 3/31/17 Tutorial week
4/1/17 Q1 finishes linky closes
4/2/17 Q2 proposed finishes linky opens
4/8/17 Q2 proposed finishes linky closes
6/25/17 Q2 finishes linky opens
6/26/17 – 6/30/17 Tutorial week
7/1/17 Q2 finishes linky closes
7/2/17 Q3 proposed finishes linky opens
7/8/17 Q3 proposed finishes linky closes
9/24/17 Q3 finishes linky opens
9/25/17 – 9/28/17 Tutorial week
9/30/17 Q3 finishes linky closes
10/1/17 Q4 proposed finishes linky opens
10/7/17 Q4 proposed finishes linky closes
12/31/17 Q4 finishes linky opens
1/6/18 Q4 finishes linky closes
Watch for these starting 27 March 2017
– At the start of each quarter there will be a linky party for you to link up your proposed list of finishes. You must link up in order to be able to be eligible for those prizes at the end. Please only enter ONE blog post or Flickr photo or Instagram photo at this starting link-up. If you use Flickr or Instagram please describe your plan in the description.
– In order for your projects to be eligible, they must be a tangible project at the start of the quarter. That means, at the very least, a fabric pull matched to a pattern, a quilt top needs to be quilted, or a half knit jumper. I love seeing your bee blocks, but they won’t count unless you happen to be turning them all into a fully completed quilt THIS quarter. We are looking for a proper UFO – UnFinished Object – which means it has to have been started.
– As you complete each of your projects on your list, write a post all about it, or a description of a Flickr pic.
– At the end of the quarter, link up each individual post/Flickr pic (please link back to your original list in some way). For each finish/link you complete, you get an entry into the draw, and therefore it’s in your best interest to write up a separate post for each!
– A finish is defined as a completely finished project, eg a quilt, quilted and bound, a bag that’s fully lined and functional, or a jumper that one could wear out in public. I’m happy for you if you get a quilt top completed in one quarter, but hold onto it for the next quarter and see if you can get it quilted and bound before entering please.
– You won’t be punished if you don’t finish your entire list, so feel free to make a big list and roll projects over from one quarter to the next if you need to.
– All qualifying finishes will be put into a prize draw, and the names/numbers drawn at random for each of the prizes donated by our sponsors for that quarter.
– The finish linky party will be open for approximately a week, and then the next quarter will open on the following day.
– The FAL is open to anyone, anywhere in the world.
Grab a button