I'm so excited to be part of the #dillybagalong Blog Hop! Welcome! Welcome!
This is my first ever blog hop, so bear with me!
So here goes!
The main body of the bag is made from EPP hexies. After changing my mind a few times, I settled on liberty and vintage prints, with a few embroidered fussy cuts thrown in for good measure!
I enjoy basting hexies much more than sewing them together! But I persevered and got my panel made over the weekend.
As liberty and vintage prints are quite thin I spray starched them before quilting the panel (going off pattern here!) and was glad to read that Sharon had also quilted hers! I simply ditch quilted in the vertical columns.
To give you a sense of scale and size of the bag, here it is on my daughter's head (don't ask!).
After that, the bag came together really quickly. The time consuming part was deciding what fabric to use in the lining and the gathered bit at the top! I didn't put pockets in my lining and quilted some craft weight vilene into the base instead of making a base from templastic as stated in the pattern.
I'm not allowed to show you the finished bag yet, so you'll have to wait until the big reveal of all the finished Dilly bags on 17th October, when you can also vote for your favourite!
(I found the pattern easy to follow, but it assumes a certain level of knowledge. So if you are a beginner to EPP (English Paper Piecing) you may struggle a bit.)
And be sure to check out all the other gorgeous bags in the blog hop: