The Bee Blessed block for March is inspired by my super talented friend Leanne's beautiful modern quilt called Canvas.
So we'll call this the Scrappy Canvas block, based on 2 colours (different prints), and here is the tutorial:
For a 12.5" unfinished block you will need:
From colour 1 (inner squares): 4 x 3.5" squares
From colour 2 (outer pieces): 4 x 3.5" squares
4 x (6.5" x 3.5")
Assume scant 1/4" seams throughout.
1. Decide on your layout, 4 quadrants, with colour 1 in the centre, and the colour 2 pieces placed as shown below:
2. Sew the 3.5" squares together in each quadrant. Press the seams towards the darkest fabric.
3. Attach the rectangle to the 3.5" pairings in each quadrant. Iron the seams towards the rectangles.
4. Join the top 2 quadrants together and the bottom 2 quadrants together. Press the seams in opposite directions.
5. To join the 2 rows, butt/nest the intersecting seams as shown before sewing together.
6. Press the final seam open before trimming to 12.5" square.
Thank you again for your contributions each month, we appreciate every single block that you take the time to make for us.
Hi! I’m Jude. Welcome to Just Jude Designs! This is where I talk about my sewing endeavours, quilting classes & pattern design. I hope you can stay a while!
All content is Copyright Judith Hollies and may not be produced without explicit consent from the owner.
Site design & development by Blackdog Media